Wednesday, May 14, 2008

KO'ing the KOs

I'm making an executive decision to stop keeping track of the KOs in the Brawls. Originally, when I set this thing up, Full Tilt told me that they would be able to send me KO reports after each tourney. I received them for a couple of the Brawls, but I haven't been able to get them on a consistent basis.

This leads to a lot of administrative work during the actual tournament. I've got to keep every table open and make sure that I don't miss any KOs or attribute them to the wrong Brawler.

Full Tilt has been very consistent with providing me Payout reports, so I will continue to keep the Money Leaderboard in tact.

I'm also considering some other options regarding my private tourneys below:

1. Removing the double-stack feature and starting with 1500 chips- This would create less "play," but it would get the tourney over quicker each night. I'll probably set up a poll on the site and let you guys vote on this one.

2. Opening the tournament up to the public- I've been battling with this back and forth. Making the Brawl public wouldn't open flood gates, but it would give other people outside of my inner circle a chance to participate. With my participation with Battle of the Bloggers 3, I've met a lot of great Full Tilt grinders, and it would be nice to see some of them join in from time to time. (Most of the other weekly tourneys hosted by these guys range in players from 20-100, so I know it wouldn't get out of control.

3. Hosting a higher-stakes tournament once a month- After some feedback from some Brawlers, I'm thinking of running a couple of higher stakes tourneys as well. Perhaps a $24+$2 on Thursday nights weekly, and maybe a "big game" once a month with a buy-in ranging from $50-$100.

There are a lot of options concerning the above mentioned items. I could host a single stack $24+$2 on Thursday and make it open to the public, leave the Brawl alone...I could make the Brawl public and the others private with the core group. There are a lot of different directions to go.

At any rate, I'm thinking about it, and any opinions are greatly appreciated...

Damn Donkeys,

Bmore

1 comment:

adultswimmer said...

Remove the double stack or make it a turbo! I will play more if either happens!

ALL IN BIATCHES