Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Brawl #19: Tourney Recap

Thanks to all those who came out to Brawl #19. I've been slacking with the marketing each week, but I promise to get on the ball with it. We had 14 Brawlers come out last Wednesday, and after the bubble, three remained to cash.

First out was HarleyFund who, when low on chips, pushed in on the following hand:

Congrats to HarleyFund for another impressive run in the Brawl. That left a heads up battle between yours truly and The9to5. I was personally glad to get past the money bubble for the first time in a few weeks, and I was also looking forward to this match. This is the first time that The9to5 has gone deep in the Brawl, and we've never played live together.

Unfortunately, The9to5 came into Heads Up with a nice chip lead, and I couldn't really get anything going. The match was over in less than ten hands, when I pushed below preflop:


A bit of a bad beat, but The9to5 had plenty of chips and could afford the gamble. Final results below:


Congrats to The9to5 for his first cash and Brawl victory. It sucks that I couldn't get my second title, but I'm glad to see you take one down...
See you all tonight!

Damn Donkeys,

Bmore

No comments: