Monday, January 7, 2008

Winna Winna!

It's happened before...

I'd love to say that this was the first time, but it wasn't. And you know, I can specifically recall a silent pledge to myself the last time that this happened, that it would never happen again.

But it did...

So is it worth writing about? Is it worth this therapeutic exercise of exposing my weaknesses to the millions of viewers of this site, in a feeble attempt to correct my past errors?

No...but I'm bored, and apparently you don't have anything to do either so let's talk about it...

Heads up in a 45 man SNG about 15 minutes ago. Donkey has 45k, and I have 25k. After a brilliant advanced bluff that only a semi-professional like myself could pull off, I even up the chips. Checking KQs in the big blind, I set Donkey up perfectly to bluff at the 10 10 Q rainbow flop. He does, I call and he bricks out...

"Winna Winna," I yell to the top of the mountains. "Winna Winna," I type in to the IMs of those faithful fans in IM world. I've already spent my 1st place winnings in my mind. A $4 box of chicken and a bootleg copy (top-quality) of the new season of the Wire is in my future...

But wait, cards have been dealt again. Ahhh, he had me covered by 4k. No problem. With blinds at 2k/4k, the donkey is toast, even after he doubles to 8k.

And then 16k.

And then 32k.

And then I push with K7o and Donkey calls me with AKs. "One tiiiiiiiiiiime," I yell to the mountain tops. But alas, our hero bricks out. What good can rise from these ashes of chicken-box-less fury? I leave you with a quote I came up with tonight. Feel free to plagiarize it in the future if you can't think of anything creative on your own:

"You never count your money, when it's sitting at the table. There will be time to enough to count it, when the dealings done..."

Damn Donkeys,
Bmore

No comments: