Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No wonder why it's taking Full Tilt so long...

I think it's becoming increasingly clear what Full Tilt's dilemina is with returning funds to US players.

In the weeks after Black Friday, the poker community was concerned that the big three were all in trouble, and we weren't sure what was going on with the money. Pokerstars cleared the air quickly, and came out with a convenient process for players to get their funds. They requested that you withdraw 100% of your funds, and gave you three options to choose from. The process was painless, and US players applauded Pokerstars for their superior customer service.

Surely, the community thought that Full Tilt would follow suit in a matter of days. However, days passed, and then the days turned into weeks, and before we knew it, we were getting bombarded with announcements announcing future announcements, and continued to see the stalling....

Now, reports are coming out that give us the true story of what was going on at Full Tilt. It's sad to watch this story play out, as I've been such a huge supporter of Full Tilt over the years. To read that they have created an accounting nightmare, with US players' funds, infuriates me.

I think that the only reason that Full Tilt would continue to process these transactions is greed. There were alternatives to what they did, and it's sad they chose this path.

I am of the opinion that online poker will return in the near future to the US. I don't want to say that I've completely turned my back on Full Tilt, but I've got to admit that their handling of Black Friday compared to Pokerstars, has shed a new light on both companies. Pokerstars has gained my respect, and, more than likely, my business if they are an option in the future.

No comments: